Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Your browser does not support all features of Google drive": Google and Internet Explorer compatibility issue

I wrote an article recently about how Opera had some compatibility issues with Google services and how I was afraid that in the future Google will try to force people to use their browser. I could not have been more right.

The warning message is now present with Internet Explorer too:



The complete message:
"Your browser does not support all features of Google Drive. If you are having problems, try Google Chrome. Dismiss"

On the other hand, Google seems more tolerant towards Internet Explorer than it was towards Opera: when you dismiss the message, it does not appear again and again.

Anything to do? 2 possibilities:
- you ignore this message and continue using your favorite browser in the hope that the functions you need are fully supported (I don't think Internet Explorer is a good choice, though)
- download and use Google Chrome

I even found a third solution. I did not want to use Google Chrome as it seemed a bit "forced" to me, so I am using the Comodo Dragon browser. It is based on Google Chrome, so it worked fine with Google services.

What's your opinion on this? Don't hesitate to share it in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment