Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Problem deleting images: "Could not delete. Please try again"


Since the last update (Android 7 something), I had this crazy bug where I could not delete a picture on my Sony Z5.

After weeks of research thinking that my phone was somehow stucked in "Read-only" mode or something and spending countless hours reading useless answers to other people with this problem (some with Z3, others with Z5 compact, ...) I was getting really irritated.

When I say useless answers, I am thinking about solution like "factory reset" (sure, why not buy a new phone as well), rebooting your phone (you seriously think we haven't thought about it?), upgrading your android (we just did that, this is why we have the problem in the first place!!),...

Finally, I have found something that worked for me (and I hope it will work for you too):
1. Go to "Settings"
2. Scroll down to "Apps"
3. Use the 3 dots on the top right of the screen and use the option "Show system"
4. Go to "Media Storage"
5. Click on "Storage"
6. Use the button "CLEAR DATA"
7. Reboot your phone

Since I have performed this miracle solution, I can delete a picture. Yes, I know, that's crazy right? Almost feel like my phone is smart or something.

Anyway, hope this helps. It will probably take some weeks/months before this post gets ranked on google search but, at least I did my part (inform people about a solution to this frustrating bug).

No comments:

Post a Comment